PTA Great Idea Bank

A resource for PTA and parent involvement project ideas

Does anyone know if a PTA can be sales tax exempt? As a 501 Non profit I know we are exempt from Fed income tax but we spend alot of money on retail items and that sales tax adds up. It REALLY added up when we paid the yearbook company and there was 600.00 in tax on it!

I cannot find anyone who can give me guidance on this. Somethings we can contract through the school and have them pay for it and our PTA reimburses them but some things the school board policy prohibits purchases of: items like food for carnival or fundraisier companies so we are on our own.

Tags: Tax, exempt, funds, money

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, you should have a tax exampt number that you can use when you make purchases.


You need to contact your State PTA office.  They should be able to help you through the process.



© 2014   Created by PTA Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service